Diabetes is one of the most common blood sugar-related conditions humans face worldwide. It is a condition that mainly occurs when the pancreas can’t produce enough insulin to keep the blood sugar in check. As a result, it leads to hyperglycemia, more commonly known as uncontrolled diabetes. If diabetes isn’t controlled, serious harm to organs inside the body can occur, mainly the nerves and blood vessels.
According to WHO, cases of diabetes are increasing more rapidly in countries with low to mid-term income levels because citizens of these countries don’t receive proper nutrition to control diabetes. It leads to severe concerns like heart strokes, heart attacks, blindness, and many other problems. The best way to resist diabetes is to have proper nutrition and regular exercise.
To help know about diabetic complications, a test called the A1C test or HbA1c test is there. The test helps people check their average blood sugar levels over three months. This article will cover different measures to control A1C levels immediately and naturally. So, let’s get started.
Understanding A1C Levels
A1C mainly helps determine how diabetic or prediabetic the patient is. In short, a higher A1C tends to show the person is more prone to diabetic complications compared to people who have lower A1C levels. Usually, people over 45 are recommended to get their A1C test done since they are more susceptible to prediabetes and type 2 diabetes.
A1C results are below 5.7%; the person is average. If the levels are between 5.7% and 6.4%, the person is inferred to be prediabetic, while levels at 6.5% and above are concluded to be diabetics. Thus, it can be revealed that the higher the A1C levels, the higher the person’s risk of developing diabetes. For example, if the A1C percentage is 7, 8, 9, or 10, the reading on eAG or mg/dl will be 154, 183, 212, or 240, respectively.
Natural Ways To Balance A1C Levels
If you are a diabetic or prediabetic, you shouldn’t be worried or feel anxious about it, as anxiousness and stress can also elevate your blood sugar levels. Using the below-mentioned natural ways, you can seamlessly balance your A1C levels and get a fit and healthy life back for yourself. However, these measures have to be followed strictly for the best possible results in a short period. According to WKTR.com, GlucoRedi is a medication that helps to reduce blood sugar naturally. The company makes the supplement using 100% natural ingredients, which have the approval of many renowned nutritionists.
A healthy diet is one of the vital aspects of maintaining a healthy lifestyle. It is also the cornerstone of fighting against diabetes and high A1C levels. For example, a person with diabetes should include loads of fresh fruit, vegetables, whole foods, and foods low in sugar and salt.
One of the best ways for healthy consumption is to maintain a meal plan that helps manage sugar. For this, the person with diabetes can visit a dietician who will help the person with a diverse meal plan. The meal plan should include regular fruits and vegetables in sufficient quantities, lean protein, food containing no sugar, limited trans fat, and no processed food, and avoiding junk foods altogether.
- People with diabetes should stick to pieces of bread made of whole wheat, pumpernickel, rye, rice, emmer, einkorn, etc., and avoid white loaves of bread, bagels, and slices of bread with added sugar.
- Apples, apricots, grapes, avocados, berries, peaches, plums, and many other fruits should be in regular meals.
- Sweet potatoes and yams can make their way into the plan, not white potatoes and french fries.
- Stone ground and rolled oats are great, but instant oats and cereal brands are not.
- Nuts and legumes with high fiber and protein content are beneficial for people with diabetes.
Regular Physical Activities
Physical activities alongside a healthy meal plan help people with diabetes fight the condition the best. According to the CDC, exercising helps maintain a healthy weight, lose weight, feel happy, sleep better, improve memory, control blood pressure, and lower cholesterol.
The organization also recommends people with diabetes do two and half an hour of low to high-intensity physical activity weekly. Thus, it will benefit people with diabetes to indulge in 20 to 25 minutes of daily workouts. Besides regular workouts and targeting specific muscle groups, cardio like brisk walking, mowing the lawn, dancing, swimming, playing outdoors, bicycling, running, and many other activities can be incorporated.
It is natural to get stressed upon hearing about a serious condition with no cure through medication except for therapies, healthy eating, and exercise. However, there are several ways to combat nervousness and stress. If stress isn’t managed well, it may lead to memory problems, inability to concentrate, anxiety, panic attacks, appetite changes, sleep disturbances, isolation, and many other problems.
- Firstly, people with diabetes need to know what makes them anxious and try to find support for those situations.
- Furthermore, to relieve stress, people with diabetes should know they are doing everything prescribed, like healthy eating, getting proper medications, and exercising regularly.
- Meditation works wonders and helps relieve stress and makes one more calm.
- People with diabetes can indulge in progressive muscle relaxation, a well-known meditative practice for people with high blood sugar and A1C levels.
Sufficient Sleeping Habit
Sleeping is the best way to gain lost energy back. The CDC recommends that everyone sleep at least 7 hours each day. However, for people with diabetes, sleep complications may lead to increased insulin resistance, make the person more hungry, increase cravings for junk foods, increase blood sugar, increase anxiety, and lead to many other problems.
To enjoy quality sleep, the CDC recommends keeping the bedroom dark, removing all electronic devices like TV or phone, getting ample physical activity each day, mentally unwinding before sleeping, taking a show before bed, and only sleeping when completely tired.
Immediate Action Steps
Thus rewinding the whole article, we can say that these are the immediate action steps that diabetics, prediabetics, or people with unusually high A1C levels should take to combat the condition.
- Eat as much healthily as possible and wholly give up sugar, sugary, and junk foods.
- Exercise for 150 minutes weekly, which accounts for 20 to 25 minutes of daily workout.
- Sleep sufficiently, i.e., for at least seven hours, to help get back energy and feel more productive.
- Relieve stress by starting to meditate and do yoga activities. Search the internet or go for therapy.
- Keep consulting the doctor and go for the appointments the health practitioner prescribes without fail.
Finally, it can be said that diabetes is a complex problem. However, if you are a diabetic or at risk of developing the condition, you must take it seriously and consult a doctor or follow the guidelines mentioned above. Keep your nutrition strong, do regular workouts, combat diabetes, and keep A1C levels low seamlessly.